This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for severe allergic conditions such as runny nose, sneezing, itchy, watery eyes. It is also used for itching of insect bites, sunburns, bee stings, poison ivy, poison oak and minor skin irritation.
Contraindicated in newborns and patients with hypersensitivity.
PO- Adult- The recommended dose is 25 mg to 50 mg (1 to 2 capsules).
Child- The recommended dose is 12.5 mg to 25 mg (1 capsule).
Topical: Apply a thin layer over the affected area as directed by your physician.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
It also comes as a cream, lotion and ointment to apply topically.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, lung disease, increased eye pressure, ulcer, difficulty in urinating, enlarged prostate, heart disease, high blood pressure, seizures, overactive thyroid, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Avoid contact with eyes and mouth.
• Avoid using in patients with chickenpox, measles.
• Topical :
Skin rash, sunburn, increased sensitivity to sunlamps and sunlight.
• Miscellaneous : Drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, constipation, headache, muscle weakness and nervousness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!