This medication is an antihistamine, prescribed for allergic reactions in patients 2 years of age and older. It blocks histamine's action, which reduces allergy symptoms.
Adult: PO- The recommended dose is 5 mg once daily.
Children 6 to 11 years of age: Syrup- The recommended dose is 1 teaspoonful (2.5 mg in 5 mL) once daily. Tablet- The recommended dose is one 2.5 mg tablet once daily.
Children 12 months to 5 years of age: The recommended dose is 1/2 teaspoonful (1.25 mg in 2.5 mL) once daily.
Children 6 to 11 months of age: The recommended dose is 2 mL (1.0 mg) once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Adult and Adolescents:
• Most Common: Inflammation of pharynx, dry mouth, muscle pain, drowsiness, painful menstrual periods and hives.
• Heart: Fast heart rate and palpitations.
• Miscellaneous: Headache, nausea, fatigue, dizziness, indigestion and elevated liver enzyme levels.
• Most Common: Urinary tract infection and infectious diseases like chickenpox.
• Respiratory: Respiratory tract infection, nosebleed and runny nose.
• Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, vomiting and loss of appetite.
• Miscellaneous: Rash, redness of skin, ear infection and sleeplessness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container.