This medication is a synthetic steroid, prescribed for endometriosis and hereditary angioedema. By reducing certain hormones level, the severity of diseases treated by danazol will decrease.
Contraindicated in patients with undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, liver, kidney impairment, during pregnancy, breast-feeding and hypersensitivity.
For moderate to severe condition- The recommended dose is 800mg in two divided doses.
For Mild Condition- The recommended dose is 200 mg to 400 mg/day, in two divided doses.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of migraine, heart, liver or kidney disease, seizures, stroke, blood clots, breast cancer, any allergy, who are taking other medications and children.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor blood sugar regularly.
• Monitor liver function and complete blood counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Allergic :
Hives, itching and rarely nasal congestion.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, nervousness, emotional lability, dizziness, fainting, depression, fatigue, sleep disorders, tremor, tingling, weakness and visual disturbances.
• Gastrointestinal : Stomach inflammation, nausea, vomiting and constipation.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps or spasms, joint pain, joint lockup, joint swelling, pain in back, neck or extremities.
• Genitourinary : Blood in urine and absence of menstrual cycle.
• Blood : Increase in red blood cell and platelet counts.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature, and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Tularemia is an uncommon, highly contagious bacterial infection acquired in humans by insect bites ...
Nipah Virus (NiV) or Hendra virus is a deadly virus that spreads via contact with the saliva, ...
Nose Bleeds or Epistaxis are common during summer. Here are simple tips to prevent nasal bleeding ...View All