This medication is a nutritional/herbal supplement prescribed for type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus and also used as an alternative medicine to lower cholesterol or improve body’s use of glucose.
Contraindicated in patients with liver disease, cancer, kidney problems, weak immune system and hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO-200 to 1000mcg daily in divided doses.
It comes as a tablet/capsule to take by mouth with or without food as directed by your health care provider.
• Use this medication as prescribed by your physician, do not use longer than recommended.
• Caution should be exercised when taking other medications such as nicotinic acid, steroid medications, stomach acid reducers, aspirin, asthma or blood pressure medications or an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug).
• Consult with your health care provider if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant.
• Do not give this supplement to a child without consulting your physician.
• Chromium when taken along with diabetes medications may lower blood sugar levels too much, monitor blood glucose levels regularly; consult with your health care provider.
• Allergic Reactions - Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat, hives, difficult breathing, redness and scaling of the skin.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15-30°C), away from moisture, heat and light. Keep this medication out of reach of children and away from pets. Do not store in bathroom.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!