This medication is a muscle relaxant, prescribed for muscle spasm and the resulting pain or discomfort. It is used in combination with physical therapy, analgesics (such as aspirin or acetaminophen), and rest.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, liver disease, porphyria, lactation.
Oral: The recommended initial dose is 500 mg 3-4 times/day. May reduce to 250 mg 3-4 times/day subsequently. Max: 750 mg 3-4 times/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It usually is taken three or four times a day with food.
• This drug may make you drowsy. Do not drive a car or operate machinery while you are taking this medication.
• Caution needed for patients with history of allergic reactions, liver disease, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication.
• Monitor liver function regularly.
• Central Nervous System:
Drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, headache, excitement, restlessness.
• Liver: Jaundice, liver damage.
• Miscellaneous: GI disturbances, irritability, allergic reactions (skin rash). Orange or reddish-purple urine.
Avoid sharing this medication with other people.
If there is no improvement in your health condition or if they become worse, consult with your doctor.
Oral: Store at 15-30°C. Store it in air tight container and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!