This medication is a therapeutic monoclonal antibody, prescribed for Crohn's disease and rheumatoid arthritis. It blocks the activity of a protein named as TNF-alpha in the body.
The recommended initial adult dose is 400 mg (given as two subcutaneous injections of 200 mg) initially, and at weeks 2 and 4.
Rheumatoid Arthritis- The recommended dose is 400 mg (given as two subcutaneous injections of 200 mg) initially and at weeks 2 and 4.
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• ♦ Caution should be exercised in patients with history of hepatitis B, other liver problems, diabetes, heart problems, nervous system problems, poor immunity, bone marrow depression, cancer, tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections that can be spread to others.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid bruising or injury.
• Monitor TB tests, complete blood cell counts and liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid live vaccination during the treatment period.
• ♦ Patient may develop with increased risk of cancer and serious infections; consult with your healthcare provider before taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Abdominal pain, diarrhea, and intestinal obstruction.
• Blood : Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• Heart : Chest pain, abnormal heart rhythm, high blood pressure, heart failure, heart attack, stroke and transient ischemic attack and inflammation of blood vessels.
• Eye : Eye bleeding and inflammation.
• General : Bleeding and injection site reactions.
• Liver : Elevated liver enzymes and liver inflammation.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, bipolar disorder, and suicide attempt.
• Genitourinary : Nephrotic syndrome and kidney failure and menstrual disorder.
• Skin : Skin inflammation, redness, and hives.
♦• Immune System Disorders • - Sarcoidosis
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2 to 8°C). Do not freeze.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!