This medication is a penicillin antibiotic, prescribed for certain bacterial infections. It blocks the bacterial growth.
It is contraindicated in patients who have a known penicillin allergy.
The recommended dose is 1 to 2 tablets (382mg), 4 times daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney disease, stomach problem, blood disorder, any allergy, during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Long – term of use of this medication may lead to secondary infection.
Nausea, bad taste, diarrhea, vomiting, flatulence and tongue inflammation.
• Skin: Allergic reactions such as skin rash, hives and itching.
• Blood: Anemia, decrease in blood cells and eosinophilia
• Metabolic: Abnormalities in liver enzyme.
• Miscellaneous : Fever, headache, itchy eyes, inflammation vagina and loose stools.
Avoid use of birth control pills while taking this medication, because they may not work.
Store it at room temperature (25° to 30°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!