This medication is a non-steroidal anti-androgen, prescribed for prostate cancer. It blocks testosterone action.
Contraindicated in women, lactation, pregnancy; hypersensitivity.
Adult: PO- 50 mg (1 tablet) once daily at the same time of day with or without food.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Monitor liver function regularly.
• Monitor serum level of prostate specific antigen (PSA) regularly, to evaluate patient's clinical progress.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Body as a Whole:
Pain (general), back pain, weakness, pelvic pain, infection, abdominal pain, chest pain headache, flu like syndrome, fever and chills.
• Heart: Hot flashes, high blood pressure, chest pain and congestive heart failure.
• Gastrointestinal: Constipation, nausea, diarrhea, increased liver enzyme, indigestion, flatulence, loss of appetite, vomiting, blood in stool, dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing and gastrointestinal disorder.
• Blood: Anemia.
• Metabolic: Swelling in the extremities, weight loss, increased blood sugar level, weight gain, blood urea nitrogen and dehydration.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle/joint pain, leg cramps and fractures.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness, drowsiness, tingling, sleeplessness, anxiety, confusion, decreased libido, nervousness and depression.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, increased cough, inflammation of pharynx/bronchus/nose/sinus, asthma and nosebleed.
• Skin : Rash, sweating, dry skin, hair loss, itching and skin cancer.
• Genitourinary: Blood in urine, urinary tract infection, breast enlargement in male, impotence, painful urination, breast pain, increased urinary frequency, urinary retention and urinary incontinence.
Limit the intake of alcoholic beverages.
Oral: Store it at controlled room temperature (30°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!