This medication contains Belladonna/Ergotamine/Phenobarbital, which are anticholinergic, barbiturate, and ergot agents. It is prescribed for nervousness and tension that falls under menopausal symptoms. This medication is also prescribed for treating heart/blood vessel disorder, stomach disorder and headache. The medication blocks certain chemicals in the nervous system thereby helps to relieve the signs and symptoms.
Contraindicated in patients with preexisting heart disease, easy bruising, increased eye pressure, concomitant treatment with vasoconstrictor, administration with dopamine, pregnancy and known hypersensitivity.
Adults Po: 1 tablet in morning and evening. Max: 16 tablets per week.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, two times per day with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of poor blood circulation, high blood pressure, stroke, high cholesterol, gall bladder problems, liver and kidney disease, severe infection, allergy, myasthenia gravis, mental disorder, pregnancy and lactation.
• It may cause blurred vision, dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcoholic beverages.
Palpitations and fast heart rate.
• Skin : Skin rash, itching, redness, blistering and hives.
• Respiratory : Chest pain and tightness.
• Central nervous system: Drowsiness and dizziness.
• Eye and ENT: Blurred vision.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, dry mouth and indigestion.
• Genitourinary: Urinary retention.
• Miscellaneous: Tingling, decreased sweating, cold hands, feet and sweating of face, lips and tongue region.
Heatstroke may occur, avoid strong sunlight.
Store it at controlled room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children and pets.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!