This medication is an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, also known as "statin”, prescribed for hyperlipidemia.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver problems, who are taking HIV protease inhibitors, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and hypersensitivity.
Adult PO- Initial- The recommended dose is 10 mg daily. Maximum: 80 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of low blood pressure, serious infection, seizures, electrolyte problems, liver problems, alcohol abuse, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Follow the diet and exercise program as directed by your physician.
• Monitor blood cholesterol level and liver functions regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Nose inflammation, joint pain, diarrhea, pain in extremity, urinary tract infection, indigestion, nausea, muscle and bone pain, muscle spasms, sleeplessness and throat pain.
• Body as a whole : Uneasiness and fever.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal discomfort, eructation, flatulence, liver inflammation and bile obstruction.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle fatigue, neck pain and joint swelling.
• Metabolic : Increase in liver enzymes level, abnormal liver function tests and increased sugar level.
• Central Nervous system : Dizziness, depression, fatigue, peripheral neuropathy and abnormal dreams.
• Respiratory : Nose bleed.
• Skin : Hives.
• Eye and ENT : Blurred vision and ringing in the ear.
• Genitourinary : Urinary tract infection.
• Musculoskeletal: Immune-mediated necrotizing myopathy (IMNM).
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Tularemia is an uncommon, highly contagious bacterial infection acquired in humans by insect bites ...
Nipah Virus (NiV) or Hendra virus is a deadly virus that spreads via contact with the saliva, ...
Nose Bleeds or Epistaxis are common during summer. Here are simple tips to prevent nasal bleeding ...View All