This combination medication contains semisynthetic antibiotic amoxicillin and β-lactamase inhibitor, prescribed for lower respiratory infections, otitis media, sinusitis, urinary tract infections, and skin and skin Structure infections.
Contraindicated in patients with previous history of cholestatic jaundice/liver dysfunction, and hypersensitivity.
Adults- The usual adult dose is one amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet, 500 mg/125 mg every 12 hours or one amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet, 250 mg/125 mg every 8 hours.
It comes as a tablet and capsule to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
• ♦ It may increase prothrombin time; monitor it regularly while taking this medication.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, stomach inflammation, mouth ulcer and intestinal bleeding.
• Hypersensitivity: Skin rashes, itching, hives, angioedema and serum sickness-like reactions.
• Liver: Elevated liver enzyme levels.
• Genitourinary: Kidney inflammation, and blood in urine.
• Central Nervous System: Agitation, anxiety, behavioral changes, confusion, convulsion, dizziness, sleeplessness and reversible hyperactivity.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Body wraps is an all natural remedy to slenderizing & contouring your body that not just hydrate ...
Eat more potassium rich foods and lower your risk for high blood pressure and kidney stones. ...
Wet dreams or nightfall is the involuntary ejaculation occurring during sleep. It is fairly common ...View All