Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone is used for the treatment of hematuria (blood in the urine), retinal hemorrhage (bleeds in the retina of the eye), epistaxis (bleeding from the nose), secondary bleeding from wounds, uterine bleeding and preoperatively to reduce bleeding.
Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone stops bleeding by reducing capillary fragility, oozing from raw surfaces and bleeding from microvessels.
• Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone should not be used in patients with allergy to the drug.
The dosage may vary for different products. Suggested doses are:
Intramuscular injection: for a concentration of 1.5 mg/2ml
• For pre-operative conditions 2-6 ml injection.
• For post-operative conditions 1-2 ml injection every 2hrs.
• For non-surgical condition 2-4 ml injection for three time per day.
Oral: 1 tablet three times a day
• Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone tablets injection is given into the muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in children, premature infants, babies, patients over 60 years, patients with liver disease, during pregnancy and lactation.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, loss of appetite
• Skin: Skin irritation, rash
• Before using adrenochrome monosemicarbazone, patients should inform the doctor about the current list of medications, over the counter products, allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions.
• The efficacy of adrenochrome monosemicarbazone may be reduced by antihistaminics.
• Adrenochrome monosemicarbazone should be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
• Keep out of the reach of children.