Scorching heat is a constant feature of Indian summer. Hence the attire should suit this kind of climate. When it comes to the choice of material, the best choice is pure cotton. Its porous nature helps the skin breathe and thus keeps the body cool. It is absolutely natural and hence prevents all kinds of allergies that are otherwise caused by synthetic materials especially during summer. Often we hear that cool whites, blues and any light colors are the best! That's true!! White or light colors reflect the heat whereas dark colors absorb heat. The overall aesthetic effect of whites and lights is also good in summer.
Here are few tips to choose and wear the right kind of clothes:
Have a great summer!!!
- Wearing loose clothes is advisable to help in circulation.
- Generally half sleeved shirts or sleeveless t-shirts are the best for men.
- Open neck t-shirts are always advisable.
- Instead of jeans go in for loose or bigger bottom cotton trousers.
- Avoid jackets and thick material tops.
- Cotton salwar kameez are the best outfit for women during summer.
- Avoid wearing synthetic tights and slacks.
- Cotton Bermudas, shorts are best for children. So wear cool summer clothing and be cheerful!!