» » Interstitial Cystitis - FAQs

Intestinal cystitis

Rating : 12345
Rate This Article : 1 2 3 4 5
G J 4
A -A +


1. Which specialist should I see if I have Interstital cystitis?

Urologist is the specialist to consult for the condition.

2. Is traditional medicine good for interstitial cystitis?

Some patients find relief from symptoms after acupuncture. Other traditional medicines are also known to provide relief.

3. Can my children inherit the condition from me?

It is difficult to say yes or no. There are twins who have suffered from the condition. Certain ethnic groups sems to be more prone to it for example Jews, whoare more likely to get the condition than non-jews.

4. If I become pregnant will it affect my IC?

Pregnanacy is usually not affected although intercourse could be painful and avoidable

5. Can sexual intercourse cause increase in my symptoms?

Some women do experience an increase in their symptoms after sexual intercourse. This may be due to some trauma to the bladder base during such activity. IC itself maybe associated with some amount of pain in the vulval region (called vulvodynia) or in the vagina.

Post your Comments

Comments should be on the topic and should not be abusive. The editorial team reserves the right to review and moderate the comments posted on the site.
User Avatar
* Your comment can be maximum of 2500 characters
Notify me when reply is posted I agree to the terms and conditions

Ask an Expert

If you have a question about health related issues, you can now post it in our Ask An Expert section on our community website and get answers from our panel of experts.

You May Also Like

View All

Show More Related Topics y