Mode of Use & Preparation - Cannabis
Cannabis is the most widely used illicit drug in the world and is usually used in a cigarette commonly known as a ‘joint’. It is also widely used by mixing in foodstuffs, especially in tea.
There are many different ways that marihuana is used.
- Certain users make it as tea or mix it with food.
- Others smoke it using hollowed out (emptied of the tobacco) cigars, called blunts, filled with the drug.
- The most common method of usage is smoking loose marijuana rolled into a cigarette called a Joint or Nail.
- Sometimes marijuana is smoked through a water pipe called a bong, hookah, or submarine.
Some of the common preparations of Cannabis in India are:
- Hashish/Charas: Prepared from the resinous exudates from the flowering tops of the cultivated plants
- Ganja: Prepared from the small leaves and stems of the highly cultivated non-flowering plants
- Bhang: Prepared from the dried leaves, flowering shoots, and tops of the uncultivated plants
- Hash Oil: Prepared from the fat-soluble plant extract
- Treatment for Marijuana Abuse - (https://psychcentral.com/lib/treatment-for-marijuana-abuse/)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Marijuana - (https://www.hdap.org/marijuana-faqs)
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Vivekanand. (2018, March 31). Cannabis - Use and Preparation. Medindia. Retrieved on May 20, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cannabis_preparation.htm.
Dr. Vivekanand. "Cannabis - Use and Preparation". Medindia. May 20, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cannabis_preparation.htm>.
Dr. Vivekanand. "Cannabis - Use and Preparation". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cannabis_preparation.htm. (accessed May 20, 2022).
Dr. Vivekanand. 2021. Cannabis - Use and Preparation. Medindia, viewed May 20, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/cannabis_preparation.htm.