Diet for Blood Group O
According to the study done by Dr. D’Adamo, people with blood type O have high stomach acidity. It means their digestive power is high and they can consume and easily digest animal protein. They are not compatible with gluten present in wheat and wheat products. Consumption of dairy products results in weight gain. Some proteins present in legumes such as lentils and kidney beans reduce muscle activity. Vegetables rich in vitamin K help in maintaining good health for type O.
The following tips will help people with blood group O select food type for their diet:
- Include Foods in daily diet:
- Rice and products
- Meat, mutton, beef, Marcel
- Olive oil / flax seeds / flax seed oil, pumpkin seeds, walnut
- Azuki beans, pinto beans, all other beans except kidney and lentil
- Green vegetables / lettuce / broccoli / tomato (in restriction), chicory, garlic, kale, pumpkin, pepper, turnip
- Plums / prunes/ figs
- Avoid Foods in daily diet:
- Butter/ soy milk /
- Milk and milk products
- Corn oil / sunflower oil / peanut oil
- Cashew nut / peanut/ poppy seeds
- Wheat and wheat products
- Eggplant / potato / alfalfa sprouts
- Mushroom / fermented olives
Avocado/ melon / cantaloupe / coconut
- Type O people are more prone to diabetes, obesity, and thyroid problems.
- Exercise regularly and be physically active to maintain healthy body and mind.
- Try to have clarity in planning things. Make daily / weekly / monthly plan to achieve your goals.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Divya Sanglikar. (2018, June 30). Diet for Blood Group O. Medindia. Retrieved on May 22, 2022 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet-group-o.htm.
Divya Sanglikar. "Diet for Blood Group O". Medindia. May 22, 2022. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet-group-o.htm>.
Divya Sanglikar. "Diet for Blood Group O". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet-group-o.htm. (accessed May 22, 2022).
Divya Sanglikar. 2021. Diet for Blood Group O. Medindia, viewed May 22, 2022, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/blood-group-diet-group-o.htm.
Request an Appointment with a Doctor (Nutrition Expert)
12 years experience
Health and Nutrify clinic, Serlingampally
1 year experience
Online mode, Porur
1 year experience
Dt.Dharanya s clinic, Arul Nagar