About Careers Internship MedBlog Contact us
Medindia LOGIN REGISTER
Advertisement

Man Had Swallowed a Fork Ten Years Back

by Savitha C Muppala on August 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Font : A-A+

 Man Had Swallowed a Fork Ten Years Back

A patient had swallowed a fork about 10 years back and had completely forgotten about it.

Lee Gardner, a 40 year old, was rushed to emergency after severe stomach pain and blood vomiting.

Advertisement

Surgeons at Barnsley hospital removed a fork from Lee Gardner's stomach.

Doctors who operated upon the man said that they found a plastic fork inside Lee Gardner, who had told them that he had accidentally swallowed the 9in fork 10 years ago.

During the surgery, Doctors found that the prongs had pressed on the stomach lining causing an ulcer which led to bleeding.

Gardner has been discharged from the hospital and is recovering well.



Source: Medindia
Advertisement

Advertisement
News A-Z
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
What's New on Medindia
Test Your Knowledge on Liver Transplantation
Organ Donation Week 2022 - 'Take the Pledge to Save Lives'
Test your Knowledge on Heart Transplantation
View all
News Archive
Date
Category
Advertisement
News Category

Medindia Newsletters Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Most Popular on Medindia

Find a Doctor Calculate Ideal Weight for Infants Drug Side Effects Calculator Post-Nasal Drip Nutam (400mg) (Piracetam) Pregnancy Confirmation Calculator Loram (2 mg) (Lorazepam) Drug - Food Interactions Vent Forte (Theophylline) A-Z Drug Brands in India
This site uses cookies to deliver our services. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use