With the World Heart Day being celebrated on September 29, Gateway Hotels has come out with some active food recipes that make use of blueberry, which is high in antioxidants and can help prevent heart disease.
1. Blueberry Smoothie
- Yogurt: 150 gram
- Honey: 50ml
- Fresh orange juice: 30ml
Put all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and serve.
2. Blueberry Tart
-Butter: 85 gram
- Sugar: 175 gram
- Ground almonds: 175 gram
- Eggs: Two
- Blueberries : 250 gram
- Vanilla: Few drops
- Tart: Ready made tart shells
- Heat oven to 190 degree Celsius. Beat butter and sugar together till it turns light and fluffy. Fold the ground almonds, beaten egg and vanilla essence into the above butter and sugar.
- Add half of blueberries into the mixture and spoon into the tart shell. Use the remaining blueberries on top of the mixture and press them in lightly.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until the tart base is crisp and brown in colour, and the filling is cooked.
- Cool the tart for 10 minutes. Dust with a little icing sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.