Review the side-effects of Sotalol
as documented in medical literature. The term "side effects" refers to unintended effects that can occur as a result of taking the medication. In majority of the instances these side-effects are mild and easily tolerable, however sometimes they can be more severe and can be detrimental.
If the side effects are not tolerable adjusting the dosage or switching to a different medication can help to manage or overcome side effects. If you have any doubts or questions, we recommend seeking advice from your doctor or pharmacist
Body as a whole
- Infection, fever and localized pain.
Difficulty in breathing, slow heart rate, chest pain, palpitation, swelling, abnormal ECG, low/high blood pressure, abnormal heart rhythm, fainting, heart failure and dilatation of blood vessels.
Central Nervous System
- Fatigue, dizziness, weakness, lightheadedness, headache, sleeplessness, perspiration, poor consciousness, depression, tingling, anxiety, mood changes, loss of appetite and stroke.
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion, abdominal pain, colon problem and flatulence.
- Lung disease, upper respiratory tract infection and asthma.
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Weight change.
- Pain in extremes and back pain.
- Vision problems.
Other Precautions :
* Avoid alcohol consumption.