Read the side effects of Minocycline as described in the medical literature. In case of any doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion, mouth ulcer, discoloration of the tongue and difficulty in swallowing. Genitourinary
- Vaginal inflammation Liver
- Liver disease, jaundice, and liver failure. Skin
- Skin rash, itching, pigmentation of nails, hair loss,serious skin reactions, light-sensitive skin reactions. Respiratory
- Cough, difficulty in breathing, asthma and lung inflammation. Kidney
- Kidney damage, kidney failure. Musculoskeletal
- Joint pain/swelling / stiffness, tooth discoloration in children when the drug is taken during pregnancy, or when it is administered in children, muscle pain. Ear
- Hearing difficulties Allergic reactions
- Allergic reactions which may be mild to severe Blood
- Decrease in blood cell counts. Central Nervous System
- Seizures, dizziness, tingling, sedation, headache and unsteadiness. Miscellaneous
- Fever, discolorations of secretions
Other Precautions :
*Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
*Avoid excess dosage.
*Minocycline tablet should be swallowed whole with plenty of water to reduce the risk of irritation or ulceration to the foodpipe.
*Monitor for possible thyroid cancer in patients who are prescribed the drug over prolonged duration.