Review the side-effects of Iron Dextran
as documented in medical literature. The term "side effects" refers to unintended effects that can occur as a result of taking the medication. In majority of the instances these side-effects are mild and easily tolerable, however sometimes they can be more severe and can be detrimental.
If the side effects are not tolerable adjusting the dosage or switching to a different medication can help to manage or overcome side effects. If you have any doubts or questions, we recommend seeking advice from your doctor or pharmacist
- Abnormal heart rhythm, slow heart rate, chest pain, chest tightness, high blood pressure, in some people low blood pressure, shivering, shock and fainting. Central Nervous System
- Convulsions, disorientation, dizziness, headache, uneasiness, numbness, tingling, unconsciousness, unresponsiveness and weakness. Skin
- Brown skin and/or underlying tissue discoloration (staining), bluish, flushing, itching, unusual bleeding, rash, sweating and hives. Gastrointestinal
- Abdominal pain, altered taste, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. Genitourinary
- Blood in urine. Blood- Lymphatic
- Increase in white blood cells and swollen lymph nodes. Local
- Atrophy/fibrosis at injection site, inflammation, inflammation of vein, pain/soreness at or near IM injection site, sterile abscess and swelling. Musculoskeletal
- Joint pain, inflammation of joints, backache and muscle pain. Respiratory
- Asthma, difficulty in breathing, respiratory arrest and wheezing. Miscellaneous
- Serious allergic reaction which may cause death, chills, dizziness, fever, headache, malaise, nausea and vomiting.
Other Precautions :
*Avoid using contaminated solution of this medication.