Piramal Healthcare Generic : Venlafaxine
32.00 25mg 10 Tablets
Widening of blood vessels,high blood pressure, palpitations, fast heart beat, low blood pressure, deep vein blood clot, ECG abnormalities (eg, QT prolongation), irregular heart beat.
• Central Nervous System: Headache, drowsiness, dizziness, sleeplessness, nervousness, weakness, anxiety, tremor, abnormal dreams, agitation, depression, increased muscle tightness, tingling, twitching, abnormal thinking, confusion, loss of memory, impaired coordination and balance, involuntary movements, shock-like electrical sensations.
• Skin: Sweating, rash, itching, redness of the skin, toxic epidermal blistering.
• Eye and ENT: Throat inflammation, abnormal vision, dilation of pupil, taste perversion, sudden eye pressure, eye bleeding.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, dry mouth, loss of appetite, constipation, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, indigestion, flatulence, eructation, increased appetite,bleeding.
• Genitourinary: Abnormal ejaculation, impotence, decreased sexual activity, impaired urination, orgasm disturbance, urinary frequency, albumin in urine, painful menstruation, weak urination, vaginal inflammation, urinary retention.
• Blood:Discoloration of skin, decrease in white blood cell, decrease in platelets, and neutrophils.
• Liver: Liver function abnormalities, liver damage, necrosis, or failure, and fatty liver.
• Metabolic: Weight loss, edema, weight gain
• Respiratory: Inflammation of bronchus, cough increased, difficulty in breathing, interstitial lung disease.
• Miscellaneous: Yawning, chills, flu-like syndrome, infection, accidental injury, chest pain, trauma, joint pain, fever, neck pain, chest pain, birth defect, bleeding, increased prolactin, night sweats, high concentration of eosinophils, kidney failure.
For depression- Initial: 75 mg/day in 2-3 divided doses, increase slowly if needed. Max: 375 mg/day.
For anxiety Extended release- Initial: 75 mg once daily, may increase slowly if needed. Max: 225 mg/day.
For panic disorder- 37.5 mg once daily for 1st 7 days, may increase slowly if needed. Max: 225 mg/day.
It comes as a tablet or extended-release capsule to take by mouth. Take tablet 2times/day and extended-release capsule once daily in the morning or evening with food.
Contraindicated in patients who are taking MAOIs or who have taken MAOIs within 14 days, and hypersensitivity.
• It may cause moderate to severe liver or kidney problems. Conditions which may be worsened by increase in heart rate.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart attack, bleeding disorder, epilepsy, hypomania or mania, elderly, during pregnancy.
• Monitor blood pressure, serum cholesterol regularly.
• Monitor closely during early therapy until depression improves due to increased risk of suicide.
• Discontinue if seizure develops or increase in seizure frequency.
• ♦Patient may develop with increased risk of Serotonin Syndrome with the following symptoms: restlessness, diarrhea, fast heart beat, incoordination, nausea, vomiting. If it is so consult with your healthcare provider.
Avoid abrupt withdrawal. Withdraw gradually over at least 1 to 2 week.
Oral: Store below 30°C. Store it in an airtight container and keep away from children.♦ Safety Labeling Changes Approved By FDA
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!