Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd. Generic : Salmeterol
135.90 25mcg 200 MDI
• Eye and ENT:
Eye inflammation, nasal/sinus congestion, sinus headache, throat irritation, inflammation of sinus, ear infection and pain.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, dizziness, sleep disturbances and tingling.
• Respiratory : Asthma, inflammation of bronchus, cough, nose inflammation and viral respiratory infection.
• Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting and oral mucosal abnormality.
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle/joint pain, muscle cramps and spasms.
• Skin: Skin inflammation and rashes.
• Heart: High blood pressure.
• Miscellaneous: Localized aches, pains and fever.
Adult: Inhalation- Chronic asthma; COPD As metered-dose aerosol or dry powder inhalation: 50 mcg twice daily, up to 100 mcg twice daily if needed.
It comes as powder for inhalation; inhale as directed by your physician.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid, diabetes, epilepsy, liver or heart disease, who are taking other medications, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Monitor serum potassium level while taking this medication.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Monitor blood sugar and blood pressure regularly while taking this medication.
• It should be used to treat asthma only if you are currently taking a long-term asthma-control medicine (eg, inhaled corticosteroids) and your asthma is not well controlled.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Avoid high doses; otherwise it may cause serious heart problems.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20º to 25ºC), and keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!