Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. Generic : Levetiracetam
96.00 250mg 10 Tablets
• Central Nervous System:
Drowsiness, weakness, headache, hostility, fatigue, nervousness, dizziness, personality disorder, irritability, agitation, emotional lability, depression, mood swings, vertigo, anxiety, unsteadiness, seizures, memory loss, confusion, increased reflexes, tingling, aggression and suicidal behavior.
• Skin: Itching, skin discoloration, rash and loss of hair.
• Eye and ENT: Inflammation of nasopharynx, stuffy nose, inflammation of conjunctiva, blurred vision, double vision and ear pain.
• Gastrointestinal: Vomiting, loss of appetite, diarrhea, nausea, gastroenteritis, constipation and inflammation of pancreas.
• Genitourinary: Albumin in urine and urine abnormality.
• Blood: Easy bruising, deficiency of all three blood cell types (with bone marrow suppression in some cases).
• Liver: Abnormal LFTs (liver function test), liver failure and inflammation.
• Metabolic: Dehydration and weight loss.
• Musculoskeletal: Neck pain.
• Respiratory: Increased cough, asthma and sinusitis.
• Miscellaneous:Accidental injury, infection, influenza, pain, flu syndrome, face edema and viral infection.
PO/IV- Adjunct in partial seizures- Initial: 500 mg twice daily on the 1st day, may increase gradually. Max: 3 g/day.
Monotherapy for partial seizures with or without secondary generalization- Initial: 500 mg/day, may increase gradually. Max: 3 g/day.
May be taken with or without food. (Oral solution should be diluted in a glass of water.) Administer IV levetiracetam as 15-min infusion following dilution in 100 ml of a compatible diluent.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney problems, allergic reactions, patients undergoing haemodialysis, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may develop mood changes, suicidal thoughts.
• It may impair ability to drive or operate machinery during initial therapy.
Do not change the dosage.
Intravenous: Once reconstituted store at 15-30°C and use within 24 hr. Store tablets, oral solution, and undiluted IV injection at 15-30°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!