This medication is an anti-microtubule agent, prescribed for Hodgkin's lymphoma, lung cancer, breast cancer, head and neck cancer, and testicular cancer. It slows or stops the growth of cancer cells in the body.
Contraindicated in patients with abnormal decrease in white blood cells, bacterial infections and hypersensitivity.
Adult- IV- Initial: The recommended dose is 3.7 mg/m2, body surface area (bsa). It may be increased if needed. Maximum: 18.5 mg/m2/week.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of infections, bone marrow problems, low blood cell counts, liver problems, undergoing radiation therapy, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury of bruising.
• Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes.
• It may cause severe side effects such as sudden breathing problem, tightness in the lungs, sore throat, fever, chills, and sore mouth. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• Blood :
Anemia and abnormal decrease in white blood cells.
• Skin : Hair loss and sensitivity to light.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, inflammation pharynx, mouth, diarrhea, stomach bleeding, peptic ulcer and rectal bleeding.
• Central Nervous System : Numbness, inflammation of nerves, mental depression, headache and convulsions.
• Heart : High blood pressure, heart attack, chest pain and abnormalities of ECG.
• Miscellaneous : Uneasiness, bone pain, weakness, pain in tumor-containing tissue, dizziness and jaw pain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2° to 8°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Kleine Levin (KLS) or sleeping beauty syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that primarly ...
LADA or Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood is a form of type 1 autoimmune diabetes that can be ...
Sleep paralysis is a condition where one feels unable to move (paralysis) or speak either when ...View All