This medication is a urinary antispasmodic agent, prescribed for the treatment of overactive bladder with symptoms of urinary incontinence, urgency and urinary frequency. It relieves spasms of the bladder.
Contraindicated in patients with urinary retention, gastric retention or uncontrolled eye pressure and hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose is 20 mg twice daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth on an empty stomach.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of myasthenia gravis (a disorder of the nervous system that causes muscle weakness), intestinal ulcer, frequently occurring constipation, urinary blockage, benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH, enlargement of the prostate), liver or kidney disease, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or blurred vision, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common:
Dry mouth and constipation.
• Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain, indigestion and flatulence.
♦ • Central Nervous System: Dizziness, confusion, headache and fatigue.
• Genitourinary: Urinary retention.
• Eye: Dry eyes and blurred vision.
• Heart: Palpitations, fast heart rate, chest pain and fainting.
• Skin: Dry skin.
Avoid exposure to heat or sunlight; otherwise it may cause heatstroke.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (20° to 25°C) and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!