This medication is a pyrimidine synthesis inhibitor prescribed for multiple sclerosis.
Contraindicated in patients with severe liver impairment, who are taking leflunomide and during pregnancy.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 7mg or 14mg once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney disease, fever, infection, diabetes, breathing problems, high blood pressure, elderly and breastfeeding women.
• Monitor kidney function and potassium level regularly while taking this medication.
• It may increase WBC counts; monitor complete blood counts regularly while taking this medication.
• Patient may develop with peripheral neuropathy; if it is so consult with your healthcare provider.
• Most Common:
Hair loss, increased level of liver enzymes, diarrhea, influenza, nausea, and tingling.
• Infections and Infestations : Influenza, upper respiratory tract infection, bronchitis, sinusitis, cystitis, gastroenteritis viral, oral herpes.
• Blood : Decrease in white blood cells.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, anxiety, tingling, sciatica, burning sensation, carpal tunnel syndrome.
• Eye : Vision blurred, eye inflammation.
• Heart : Palpitations, high blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain upper, toothache, abdominal distension.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature between (20°C to 25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!