This medication is an anorectic anti-obesity agent, prescribed for obesity and management of body weight as adjunct to diet and exercise. It blocks endogenous cannabinoid binding to neuronal CB1 receptors.
PO- The usual dose is one 20mg tablet to be taken once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, before breakfast.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney impairment, epilepsy, who are taking other medications, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Gastrointestinal :
Nausea, loss of appetite, dry mouth, vomiting, gastrointestinal disorders, diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, mood changes, sleep disorder, diarrhea, depression, anxiety, memory loss.
• Skin : Itching, excessive sweating.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps or spasm, tendon pain and inflammation, back pain and joint sprain.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store the medication as directed by your physician.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Fallot's tetralogy is a rare and complex birth defect of the heart. Babies born with this condition ...
Bubonic plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis present in rodents ...
Steroids are miracle drugs but have to be used with caution. Some steroids are illegal to use, ...View All