Information about Pralatrexate Solution
Generic Name : Pralatrexate Solution
Up-to-date prescription details regarding Pralatrexate Solution are provided here.
Pronunciation : PRAL-a-TREX-ate
Learn the correct pronunciation of the Pralatrexate Solution, understand it's uses, recommended dosages, its indications, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its and its storage instructions.
You will also find a list of the medication's International and Indian brand or trade names, as well as its pricing information. For verification of the information presented on this page or for additional clarifications, it's advisable to consult your doctor.
Trade Names/Brand Names of Pralatrexate Solution
Why is Pralatrexate Solution Prescribed? (Indications)
This medication is a folate analogue metabolic inhibitor, prescribed for refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL). It works by killing certain types of cancer cells.
When should Pralatrexate Solution not be taken? (Contraindications)
What is the dosage of Pralatrexate Solution?
IV- The recommended dose is 30 mg/m2 over 3-5 minutes infusion.
How should Pralatrexate Solution be taken?
It comes as a solution for injection, to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
What are the warnings and precautions for Pralatrexate Solution?
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney impairment, any allergy, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Avoid use in patients with end stage renal disease including those undergoing dialysis.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Avoid becoming dehydrated while taking this medication.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts and liver and kidney function regularly while taking this medication.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) with the following symptoms: irregular heartbeat, fainting, decreased urination, muscle weakness or cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of appetite; or sluggishness. If it is so consult with your doctor.
What are the side effects of Pralatrexate Solution?
• Most Common :
Decrease in platelet counts and white blood cells, inflammation of mucous, nausea, fatigue, anemia, constipation, fever, fluid retention, cough, nose bleed, vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty in breathing, loss of appetite, rash, itching, throat pain, liver function test abnormal, abdominal pain, pain in extremity, back pain, night sweats, weakness, fast heart rate.
What are the other precautions for Pralatrexate Solution?
Avoid excess dosage.
What are the storage conditions for Pralatrexate Solution?
Store in refrigerator at 2-8°C.
Last Updated : August 11, 2022