This medication is a growth hormone receptor antagonist, prescribed for acromegaly in people who have not responded to other therapies. It works by blocking the effects of growth hormone.
Adult- SC- The recommended loading dosage is 40mg. Maintenance: 30mg.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of sugar, tumor, liver problems, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
• Monitor growth hormone blood levels, insulin-like growth factor ( a gene plays an important role in childhood growth) blood levels, and liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a whole :
Infection, pain, accidental injury, back pain, flu syndrome and chest pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Abnormal liver function, diarrhea and nausea.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness and tingling.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities.
• Heart : High blood pressure.
• Respiratory : Sinus inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2 to 8°C). Do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Read about goji berries, uses, health tips and recipes. Also learn about goji berry health ...
Paralysis is a condition where there is a loss of muscle function as well as sensory loss, which ...
Swine flu, a type of influenza caused by a new strain of the H1N1 Type A influenza virus has ...View All