This medication is a growth hormone receptor antagonist, prescribed for acromegaly in people who have not responded to other therapies. It works by blocking the effects of growth hormone.
Adult- SC- The recommended loading dosage is 40mg. Maintenance: 30mg.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of sugar, tumor, liver problems, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It may affect blood sugar level; monitor sugar level regularly.
• Monitor growth hormone blood levels, insulin-like growth factor ( a gene plays an important role in childhood growth) blood levels, and liver function regularly while taking this medication.
• Body as a whole :
Infection, pain, accidental injury, back pain, flu syndrome and chest pain.
• Gastrointestinal : Abnormal liver function, diarrhea and nausea.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness and tingling.
• Metabolic : Swelling in the extremities.
• Heart : High blood pressure.
• Respiratory : Sinus inflammation.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2 to 8°C). Do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Take the quiz on Rabies and test your knowledge about this infection that can affect the brain ...
Pneumonitis usually refers to inflammation of lung tissue due to various non-infective causes such ...
Fremanezumab-vfrm is used as a preventive treatment for a migraine headache in adult patients. It ...View All