This medication is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), prescribed for postoperative pain in adults.
Contraindicated in patients with inflammatory bowel disease, heart failure, peptic ulcer, severe liver impairment, and hypersensitivity.
Adult- IV/IM- The recommended dose is 40 mg, followed by 20-40 mg every 6-12 hours.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein or the large muscle.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of dehydration, high blood pressure, liver or kidney disease, gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcer, sugar, any infection, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Gastrointestinal :
Ulcer and gastrointestinal bleeding.
• Liver : Jaundice and abnormal liver function.
• Heart : Heart failure, heart attack, slow heart rate, high/low blood pressure and abnormal heart rhythm.
• Hypersensitivity : Swelling, rash, itching and difficulty in breathing.
• Miscellaneous : Back pain, low platelet counts, agitation, disturbed sleeping and decreased urination.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store in a cool place.