This medication is an opioid analgesic, prescribed for the cure of moderate to severe pain in patients. This is also used as a preoperative medication.
Contraindicated in patients with history of respiratory disease, asthma, liver impairment, paralytic ileus (intestine paralysis) and hypersensitivity.
PO- The initial recommended dose is 10 to 20 mg, every four to six hours.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of head injury, increased intracranial pressure (pressure within the skull), low blood pressure, liver and kidney impairment, thyroid or adrenal gland disorder, gastrointestinal problem, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• In elderly person it may cause respiratory and central nervous system depression, if it so stop the medication immediately.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Most Common:
Nausea, constipation, dizziness, vomiting, itching, drowsiness, headache and increased sweat.
• Eye : Blurred vision
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, abdominal pain, indigestion, dry mouth, decreased appetite and dehydration.
• Central Nervous System : Sleeplessness, anxiety, sedation, fatigue, lethargy, weakness, confusion, disorientation, restlessness, nervousness and depression.
• Skin : Rash.
• Respiratory: Difficulty in breathing.
• Heart: Irregular heartbeats, high/low blood pressure and orthostatic hypotension.
• Genitourinary: Difficulty in urination.
• Miscellaneous: Fever, weight decreased and swelling in the leg and face region.
It may lead to dehydration; drink adequate water or liquid.
Avoid alcohol consumption.
Store it at room temperature (20°-25° C), and in an airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!