This medication is an immunomodulatory agent, prescribed for certain types of myelodysplastic syndrome and multiple myeloma either alone or with other medications. It works by helping the bone marrow to produce normal blood cells and by killing abnormal cells in the bone marrow.
Contraindicated in pregnant and breastfeeding women, and hypersensitivity.
The recommended starting dose is 25 mg once daily orally with water on days 1-21 of repeated 28-day cycles.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth, with food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney disease, any allergy.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of secondary malignancy. If it is so consult with your healthcare provider
• Blood :
Anemia, decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
• General : Fatigue, fever, swelling in the extremities, chest pain and tiredness.
• Gastrointestinal : Constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and dry mouth.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle cramps, back pain and bone pain.
• Central Nervous system : Dizziness, tremor, difficulty in swallowing and nerve disease.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, inflammation of pharynx, lungs.
• Infection : Upper respiratory tract infection, pneumonia, urinary tract infection and inflammation of sinus.
• Skin : Rash, increased sweating, dry skin and itching.
• Metabolic : Loss of appetite, decrease in calcium/potassium, dehydration and decreased weight.
• Eye : Blurred vision.
• Heart : High or low blood pressure.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!