This medication is a contraceptive device, placed in the uterus to prevent pregnancy.
Contraindicated in patients with uterine cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, previously inserted IUD that has not been removed, acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), Wilson's disease, infected abortion, postpartum endometritis, vaginal bleeding and hypersensitivity.
One device is placed in the uterus by a healthcare provider.
It comes as a device to be placed in uterine cavity by a well-trained healthcare provider.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of ectopic pregnancy, septic abortion, pelvic inflammatory disease, irregular periods, congenital heart disease and during pregnancy.
• Evaluation of medical and social history of sexual partner of patient is needed.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of fainting after insertion of this device; get up slowly from bed.
• Cervical infection should be eradicated before starting the treatment.
• Most Common :
Uterus inflammation, spontaneous abortion, septic abortion, life-threatening infection, perforation of the uterus, embedment, fragmentation of the IUD, pelvic infection, tubal damage, vaginal inflammation, white discharge, pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, fetal damage and difficulty in removal.
• Others : Menstrual spotting, iron deficiency anemia, absence of menstrual period, delayed menses, pain, cramping, painful menstruation and backaches.
Follow the instructions carefully given by your healthcare provider.
Normally handled and stored by a healthcare provider.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!