This medication is a protein, prescribed for reducing the repeated occurrences and severity of serious infections associated with chronic granulomatous disease.
SC- For patients whose body surface area is greater than 0.5 m2:
The recommended dose is 50 mcg/m2 (1 million IU/m2), three times weekly.
For patients whose body surface area is equal to or less than 0.5 m2- The recommended dosage is 1.5 mcg/kg/dose, three times weekly.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of bone marrow depression, anemia, liver impairment, epilepsy, suicidal thoughts, irregular heartbeat, congestive heart failure, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid injury or bruising.
• Monitor complete blood cell counts, kidney and liver functions regularly while taking this medication.
• Avoid contact with people who have infections.
• Most Common :
Fever, headache, rash, chills, injection site redness, tenderness, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and muscle/joint pain.
• Heart : Low blood pressure, fainting, fast heart rate, heart block, heart failure and heart attack.
• Central Nervous System : Confusion, disorientation, gait disturbance, Parkinsonian symptoms, seizure, hallucinations and stroke.
• Gastrointestinal : Liver impairment, gastrointestinal bleeding and inflammation of pancreas.
• Blood : Blood clot events such as deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
• Metabolic : Increased level of blood sugar and cholesterol.
• Respiratory : Fast breathing, asthma and lung inflammation.
• Genitourinary : Reversible kidney insufficiency.
• Others : Chest discomfort and exacerbation of skin patches.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2-8°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!