This medication is a natural form of vitamin B12, prescribed for anemia and vitamin B12 deficiency. It works by increasing the level of vitamin B12 in conditions in which it is needed.
The recommended initial dose for adults is 5g administered as an intravenous infusion over 15 minutes.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Most Common :
Redness of the skin, rash, high blood pressure, nausea, headache and injection site pain.
• Eye : Swelling, irritation and redness.
• Gastrointestinal : Difficulty in swallowing, abdominal discomfort, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion and lower gastrointestinal bleeding.
• General : Swelling in the extremities and chest discomfort.
• Immune system : Allergic reaction.
• Central Nervous system : Memory impairment, dizziness, and restlessness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, throat tightness and dry throat.
• Skin : Hives and itching.
• Miscellaneous : Hot flush.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!