Information about Hydroxocobalamin
Generic Name : Hydroxocobalamin
Pronunciation : hye-drox-oh-koe-BAL-a-min
Latest prescription information about Hydroxocobalamin. Learn how to pronounce the drug's name, its indications, dosage, how to take, when to take, when not to take, side effects, special precautions, warnings and its storage instructions . Also listed are the International and Indian trade name(s) of the drug and its price list.
Therapeutic Classification : Vitamins
Trade Names/Brand Names of Hydroxocobalamin
India- Ezorb Forte, Fejet, hydrox- 12.
Why is Hydroxocobalamin Prescribed? (Indications)
This medication is a natural form of vitamin B12, prescribed for anemia and vitamin B12 deficiency. It works by increasing the level of vitamin B12 in conditions in which it is needed.
When should Hydroxocobalamin not be taken? (Contraindications)
What is the dosage of Hydroxocobalamin?
The recommended initial dose for adults is 5g administered as an intravenous infusion over 15 minutes.
How should Hydroxocobalamin be taken?
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
What are the warnings and precautions for Hydroxocobalamin?
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
What are the side effects of Hydroxocobalamin?
• Most Common : Redness of the skin, rash, high blood pressure, nausea, headache and injection site pain.
• Eye : Swelling, irritation and redness.
• Gastrointestinal : Difficulty in swallowing, abdominal discomfort, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion and lower gastrointestinal bleeding.
• General : Swelling in the extremities and chest discomfort.
• Immune system : Allergic reaction.
• Central Nervous system : Memory impairment, dizziness, and restlessness.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, throat tightness and dry throat.
• Skin : Hives and itching.
• Miscellaneous : Hot flush.
What are the other precautions for Hydroxocobalamin?
Avoid excess dosage.
What are the storage conditions for Hydroxocobalamin?
Store at 25°C.