This medication is a tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blocker, prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, moderate to severe ulcerative colitis either alone or with other medications. It blocks a protein named as TNF-alpha in the body
Contraindicated in patients with severe infection, using another TNF blocker and hypersensitivity.
SC- The recommended dose is 50 mg monthly.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider under the skin.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of tuberculosis, jaundice, heart problem, sugar, HIV, cancer, tingling, nervousness, autoimmune disorder, blood disorder, who are taking other medication, any allergy, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness or vision problem, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid excess dosage.
• Change injection sites.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of blood cancer with the following symptoms: unusual bruising, unusual lumps or swelling, unusual tiredness or weakness, weight loss. If it is so consult with your doctor.
• It may reduce platelet counts; avoid bruising or injury while taking this medication.
• Most Serious:
Severe infection and tumor.
• Respiratory: Upper respiratory tract infection/inflammation.
• Liver: Increased liver enzymes level.
• Local: Redness.
• Heart: High blood pressure.
• Central Nervous System: Dizziness and tingling.
♦• Miscellaneous: Sarcoidosis.
Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
Monitor liver function, complete blood count regularly while taking this medication.
Store it in refrigerator (2°C to 8°C) and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!