This medication is a gadolinium based contrast agent, prescribed for visualization of brain along with with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity.
IV- The recommended dose is 0.2 mL/kg, (0.1 mmol/kg) as bolus injection.
It comes as a powder for injection (diluted with fluid) to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of acute kidney injury, impaired elimination of GBCAs, any allergy, who are taking other medications.
• Patient with impaired elimination of GBCAs may experience with increased risk of Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis.
• Monitor patients closely for need of emergency breathing support.
• Most frequent:
Nausea, headache, injection site pain, injection site coldness and burning sensation.
• Heart: Abnormal heart rhythm, fast or slow heart rate.
• Immune System: Hypersensitivity/anaphylactoid reactions including heart arrest, respiratory arrest, blue or purple coloration of the skin or mucous, throat swelling, asthma, eye inflammation, eyelid swelling, increased tears, increased sweating and hives.
• Central Nervous System: Coma, convulsion, fainting, lightheadedness, smell loss, tremor
• Musculoskeletal: Muscle contracture, muscle weakness.
• Gastrointestinal: Diarrhea, increased salivary secretion.
• General: Uneasiness and fever.
• Skin: Inflammation of a vein
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at controlled room temperature (25°C).
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Body wraps is an all natural remedy to slenderizing & contouring your body that not just hydrate ...
Eat more potassium rich foods and lower your risk for high blood pressure and kidney stones. ...
Wet dreams or nightfall is the involuntary ejaculation occurring during sleep. It is fairly common ...View All