This medication is a narcotic (opioid) analgesic, prescribed for breakthrough cancer pain in adults.
It should not be administered in opioid non- tolerant patients.Contraindicated in the management of postoperative pain, known hypersensitivity.
The recommended initial dose is one 200-mcg film.
It comes as a buccal soluble film, to be placed on both sides of the mouth.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of lung, urinary obstruction, heart, liver or kidney disease, low blood pressure, mouth inflammation, enlarged prostate, stomach problems, under active thyroid, seizures, alcoholism, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Most Common :
Respiratory depression, circulatory depression, low blood pressure, and shock.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, dry mouth, abdominal pain.
• General : Weakness, fatigue.
• Metabolic : Dehydration, decreased weight and loss of appetite.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness, headache, drowsiness, confusion, depression, sleeplessness, and anxiety.
• Respiratory : Difficulty in breathing, cough.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 20°-25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!