This medication is a kinase inhibitor, prescribed for kidney cancer, pancreatic cancer, brain tumor(astrocytoma), hormone-receptor–positive breast cancer in postmenopausal women and prevents organ rejection in kidney therapy. It prevents the growth of cancer cells.
Hypersensitivity to this drug, to other rapamycin derivatives, or to any of the excipients.
PO- Dose in kidney cancer is 10 mg/day. For prevention of kidney rejection, 0.75 mg is given twice a day along with other drugs.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken with or without food. For transplantation is should be administered as soon as possible after transplantation.
• ♦Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, cholesterol, or liver disease, heart transplantation, pregnancy, breastfeeding.
• It may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
• Avoid vaccination while taking this medication.
• Do not become pregnant while using it.
• It should not be used in children.
• ♦People who have had a heart transplant may develop with increased risk of death.
High blood pressure, fast heart rate, heart failure.
• Central Nervous System: Weakness, fatigue, fever, headache, sleeplessness, dizziness, tingling.
• Skin: Rash, itching, dry skin, hand-foot syndrome, nail disorder, redness, skin lesion.
• Eye and ENT: Nose bleed, eyelid swelling, runny nose, inflammation of conjunctiva.
• Gastrointestinal: Mouth ulcer, diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, loss of taste, abdominal pain, dry mouth, difficulty in swallowing, piles.
• Blood: Bleeding, anemia, decrease in white blood cells, platelets, blood clot defectives.
• Metabolic: Foot swelling, weight loss, worsening of diabetes, increase in cholesterol, lipids.
• Musculoskeletal: Pain in limbs, jaw pain.
♦ • Respiratory: Cough, difficulty in breathing, inflammation of lungs, pleural effusion and blood clot in lungs or liver.
• Genitourinary: Decreased testosterone, increased luteinizing hormone in males.
• Miscellaneous: Infections and infestations, mucosal inflammation, chest pain, chills, kidney failure.
Avoid mouth washes, while taking this medication.
Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages, while using this medication.
Store it at room temperature and in an airtight container.
Black food is the new green owing to its health benefits from cardiovascular health to weight loss. ...
Scurvy is a condition that occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin C. It occurs only rarely, since ...
Pets can give you diseases. Surprised? You may love your pet but beware! Your pets might be ...View All