This medication is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic, prescribed for insomnia. It slows activity in the brain to allow sleep.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 2 mg immediately before bedtime. It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, once a day at bedtime.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of depression, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, liver disease, breathing problem, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of amnesia (memory loss); if it is so consult with your doctor.
• It should not be used in children less than 18 years old.
• Body as a Whole :
Headache, viral infections and accidental injury.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, indigestion, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, confusion, depression, dizziness, hallucinations, decreased sexual activity, nervousness, drowsiness, abnormal dreams and nerve pain.
• Respiratory : Infections.
• Skin : Rash and itching.
• ENT : Unpleasant taste.
• Genitourinary : Painful menstrual periods, breast enlargement in male and urinary tract infections.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (15 to 30Â°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Collagen plays a crucial role in glowing skin, strong nails and shiny hair. You can boost collagen ...
CRISPR technology is a simple but potent tool for editing any part of the genome (complete set of ...
FDA recently approved Mogamulizumab-kpkc, a human monoclonal antibody prescribed for adult ...View All