This medication is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic, prescribed for insomnia. It slows activity in the brain to allow sleep.
Adult- PO- The recommended dose is 2 mg immediately before bedtime. It may be increased if needed.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, once a day at bedtime.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of depression, mental illness, suicidal thoughts, alcoholism, any allergy, who are taking other medications, liver disease, breathing problem, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness or dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of amnesia (memory loss); if it is so consult with your doctor.
• It should not be used in children less than 18 years old.
• Body as a Whole :
Headache, viral infections and accidental injury.
• Gastrointestinal : Dry mouth, indigestion, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
• Central Nervous System : Anxiety, confusion, depression, dizziness, hallucinations, decreased sexual activity, nervousness, drowsiness, abnormal dreams and nerve pain.
• Respiratory : Infections.
• Skin : Rash and itching.
• ENT : Unpleasant taste.
• Genitourinary : Painful menstrual periods, breast enlargement in male and urinary tract infections.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (15 to 30Â°C), and in an airtight container.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Sleep disorders are collectively known as ''Somnipathy.'' There are over 70 different medically ...
Unintended pregnancies are very common these days, and so one in about four pregnant women go for ...
Dizziness is a feeling of being faint or unsteady whereas Vertigo is a feeling that you or your ...View All