This medication is an erythropoiesis-stimulating agent, prescribed for anemia in people with chronic kidney failure.
Contraindicated in patients with uncontrolled hypertension and hypersensitivity.
Adult- IV- Initial dose: The recommended dose is 0.6 mcg/kg.
It comes as a solution for injection to be administered by a healthcare provider into the vein.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, seizures, blood cell disorder, blood clotting disorder, or a history of stroke, blood clots, or heart attack, high blood pressure, elderly, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Patient may develop with increased risk of kidney failure, heart attack, heart failure and stroke; if it is so stop this medication immediately.
• Monitor blood pressure, hemoglobin level, signs and symptoms of allergic reactions regularly while taking this medication.
• Severe Effect :
Tumor growth, heart failure, kidney damage, high blood pressure, seizures and blood clot events.
• Heart : Low blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Diarrhea, vomiting and constipation.
• Infections : Upper respiratory tract infection and urinary tract infection.
• Central Nervous System : Headache.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle spasms, back pain and pain in extremities.
• Metabolic : Excess fluid.
• Respiratory : Increased cough.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator (2° to 8°C), do not freeze it.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!