This combination medication contains 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor and alpha-blocker, prescribed for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Dutasteride prevents the production of a natural substance that enlarges the prostate where as Tamsulosin relaxes the muscles in the prostate.
Contraindicated in children, pregnant women, who are taking another alpha-blocker, anti-fungals, HIV protease inhibitors, antibiotics, and hypersensitivity.
The recommended dosage is 1 capsule (0.5 mg dutasteride and 0.4 mg tamsulosin hydrochloride) taken once daily.
It comes as a capsule to take by mouth approximately 30 minutes after the same meal each day.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver, or kidney problems, high or low blood pressure, prostate cancer, urinary tract disease, urinating problem, severe allergic reaction, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision, lightheadedness, or fainting, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• It should not be used in children.
• Rarely patient may experience prolonged, painful erection; if it is so consult with your physician.
• Avoid donating blood to others during the treatment period.
• Most Common : Impotence, decreased libido, breast disorders, ejaculation disorders, erectile dysfunction and dizziness.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!