This medication is similar to n-acetylglutamate (NAG), prescribed for hyperammonemia due to the deficiency of the liver enzyme named as N-acetylglutamate synthase (NAGS). It acts as a replacement for NAG.
Adult- PO- The recommended initial dose is 100 mg/kg/day to 250 mg/kg/day.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, immediately before meals.
• Caution needed for patients with any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Follow the diet program as directed by your healthcare provider.
• Most Common :
Vomiting, abdominal pain, fever, tonsilitis, anemia, ear infection, diarrhea, throat inflammation, and headache.
• Blood : Anemia.
• ENT : Ear infection.
• Gastrointestinal : Abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, difficulty in swallowing.
• General : Weakness, fever.
• Infections : Infection, throat inflammation, pneumonia.
• Metabolic : Loss of appetite, hemoglobin decreased, weight decreased.
• Central Nervous System : Headache, drowsiness.
• Skin : Rash.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it in refrigerator 2 - 8°C.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!