This medication is an anti cancer agent, used for the treatment of skin, oral cavity, head and neck cancer. It is also used for lymphomas, cancer of the testis and fluid accumulation in the chest caused by cancer.
Contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity, severe lung disease, during pregnancy and lactation.
The recommended dose is 0.25 to 0.5units/kg (10 to 20 units/mē) once in a week, or twice.
It comes as a solution for injection, administered into the large muscle, vein or under the skin.
• Caution needed for patients with history of lung infection, pre-existing lung function impairment, kidney impairment, patients who received radiotherapy, particularly to the thorax.
Regular chest x-rays should be done. Discontinue treatment if chest x-rays show infiltrates.
Difficulty in breathing, lung disease and cracking sound.
• Heart: Low blood pressure, cerebral arteritis, stroke, heart attack, Raynaud phenomenon(condition where there is spasm of blood vessels mainly in fingers and toes) and thrombotic microangiopathy, (clot formation in small blood vessels) (with combination chemotherapy).
• Central Nervous System: Uneasiness.
• Skin: Hair loss, redness, thickening of the skin, darkening of skin, nail changes, itching, rash, skin tenderness, mouth ulcer, stretch marks, blistering and scleroderma-like skin changes.
• Gastrointestinal: Loss of appetite and vomiting.
• Local: Pain, pain at tumor site and inflammation of veins.
• Metabolic: Weight loss.
• Miscellaneous: Allergic reactions.
Avoid excess dosage.
Use a reliable birth control method to prevent pregnancy.
Injection: Refrigerate at 2-8°C. Do not freeze it.
My mother is suffering from lungs cancer