This medication is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, prescribed for hypertension. It improves blood flow by widening blood vessels.
♦ Contraindicated during second or third trimester of pregnancy, diabetes, and known hypersensitivity.
PO- The recommended dose in adults is 80 mg taken once daily.
It comes as a tablet to take by mouth, with or without food.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of blood vessel problems, poor blood circulation, heart, liver, or kidney disease, sugar, stroke, heart attack, dehydration, angioedema, low blood volume, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• It may cause dizziness, do not drive a car or operate machinery and get up slowly from bed while taking this medication.
• Monitor blood pressure, blood electrolyte levels, and heart or kidney function regularly while taking this medication.
• Most Common :
Low blood pressure.
• Gastrointestinal : Nausea.
• General : Weakness and fatigue.
• Musculoskeletal : Muscle spasm.
• Central Nervous System : Dizziness.
• Respiratory : Cough.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store it at room temperature (25°C), and in an airtight container. Protect from moisture and light.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!