- General Info About Cholera
- What are the Causes of Cholera?
- What are the Symptoms of Cholera?
- How can we Diagnose Cholera?
- How can Cholera be Treated?
- How can we Prevent Cholera?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Cholera
- Latest Publication and Research
What are the Symptoms of Cholera?
Cholera is characterized by sudden onset of profuse watery diarrhea and vomiting.
The symptoms of cholera are-
Profuse diarrhea with abdominal cramps.
‘Rice water diarrhea’ i.e. stools resembling rice water. Stools contain mucus, epithelial cells and large number of cholera bacteria.
Dry, wrinkled skin
Rapid heart rate
Low blood pressure
There is a rapid loss of fluid, electrolytes, which lead to-
Anuria (absence of urine formation)