- Diabetes Risk Assessment Calculator
- Alzheimer's Risk Assessment Calculator
- Heart Attack Risk Calculator
- Online Mini Health Checkup
- HIV/AIDS Risk Calculator
- Lifetime Risk Calculator for Cancers
- Lifetime Risk Assessment Calculator
- Swine Flu Risk Calculator
- Cholesterol Risk Calculator
- Stroke Risk Calculator
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Risk Calculator
- High Risk Pregnancy Group Calculator
- Dementia Risk Calculator
- Smoking Risk Calculator
- Osteoporosis Risk Chart
Smoking Risk Calculator
Cigarette Smoking Risk Calculator is a powerful and interesting calculator that predicts the loss in one's lifespan due to smoking. The prediction is only an approximate assessment of smoking risks to health. Remember smoking is a trigger factor not only for lung cancer and bladder cancer but also heart disease.
Important Facts about Cigarette Smoking
- There are nearly 69 cancer-causing chemicals in the tobacco smoke.
- Smoking increases the risk of lung cancer by nearly 15 to 30 times and also doubles the risk of heart attack.
- There is absolutely no safer limit of exposure to tobacco smoke and on average smokers die 13 to 14 years earlier.
- Secondhand tobacco smoke causes approx. 600,000 premature deaths every year.
- Quit smoking at the age of 30 to reduce the risk of premature death by nearly 90%.
- Quitting at the age of 50 reduces the risk of premature death by 50%.
- Quitting at the age of 60 and above still makes a difference and enhances the chance of living longer than those who continue to smoke.