Exposure to tobacco smoke is harmful to the smoker and also non-smokers.
Smoking is associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Smoking still remain some of the leading causes of preventable death.
Smoking has the dubious distinction of affecting all the systems from head to foot.
Cigarette smoking causes many types of cancer. It also increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Exposure tobacco smoke during pregnancy can lead to delivery complications and increase the risk of health problems in the newborn.
In general, smoking causes many diseases and affects the overall health of smokers.
Quitting smoking significantly reduces the health risks caused by exposure to tobacco smoke.
Please use one of the following formats to cite this article in your essay, paper or report:
Dr. Trupti Shirole. (2016, August 18). Health Hazards of Smoking Cigarettes. Medindia. Retrieved on Mar 28, 2023 from https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/smoking_hazards.htm.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Health Hazards of Smoking Cigarettes". Medindia. Mar 28, 2023. <https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/smoking_hazards.htm>.
Dr. Trupti Shirole. "Health Hazards of Smoking Cigarettes". Medindia. https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/smoking_hazards.htm. (accessed Mar 28, 2023).
Dr. Trupti Shirole. 2021. Health Hazards of Smoking Cigarettes. Medindia, viewed Mar 28, 2023, https://www.medindia.net/patients/patientinfo/smoking_hazards.htm.
Latest Publications and Research on Health Hazards of Smoking
- Genome-Wide Polygenic Score and the Risk of Ischemic Stroke in a Prospective Cohort: The Hisayama Study. - Published by PubMed
- Electrocautery ablation of anal high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions: Effectiveness and key factors associated with outcomes. - Published by PubMed
- Marijuana Use in Patients With Cardiovascular Disease: JACC Review Topic of the Week. - Published by PubMed
- Genetic risk, adherence to a healthy lifestyle, and type 2 diabetes risk among 550,000 Chinese adults: results from 2 independent Asian cohorts. - Published by PubMed
- Endodontic therapy and incident cardiovascular disease: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study. - Published by PubMed
indeed a very serious disease is very scary at all, if not promptly removed, the safety of our lives at stake, thanks for the share that you have provided and may be useful for us all, greetings Obat Aborsi Aman
This time i am very much trying to quit, kindly let me know if u can be of any help though i know about the hazards.
I read your post regarding effects of smoking and i must say it was very informative plus interesting post to read. I totally agree with you that smoking cigarettes are extremely dangerous for our health and well-being. Getting rid of smoking can help us live a healthy life.
Good day! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us valuable information to work on. You have done a outstanding job!stop smoking with hypnosis
respected sir, give me some ienformation about cigarette smoking and hazrad my email id firstname.lastname@example.org