This medication is an anticholinergic agent, used as pain killer (Belladonna alkaloid). It blocks cardiac vagal inhibitory reflexes during anesthesia induction and intubation, used to relax muscles.
Dose: It is administered as an oral tablet or placed below the tongue in a dose of 0.125 – 0.25 mg. It may be repeated after 4 hours.
This medication available in the form of tablet, an extended-release capsule, a liquid to take by mouth, and in an injection form. Take tablet and liquid 3times/day, and extended-release capsules 2times. Avoid crushing the medication. This injection is administered by qualified healthcare professionals.
• It may cause drowsiness, dizziness, vision problem, or lightheadedness. Do not drive a car or other dangerous performance.
• Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that may cause drowsiness while you are using hyoscyamine.
• Drink plenty of fluids, maintain good oral hygiene, and suck sugarless hard candy to relieve dry mouth to avoid dehydration or over heat.
• Caution should be exercised in patients with history of nerve problems, prostate problems, esophageal reflux, stomach problems, heart failure, coronary heart disease, hiatal hernia, kidney problems, overactive thyroid, high blood pressure, urinary problems, paralysis, increased eye pressure, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
• Central Nervous System:
Headache, nervousness, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, confusion, sleeplessness, fever, excitability, restlessness, tremor, speech disturbances and involuntary muscle movement.
• Heart: Palpitations and fast heart beat.
• Skin: Allergic reactions, skin rash and flushing.
• Eye and ENT: Nasal congestion, altered taste, dilation of the pupil, paralysis of the ciliary muscle, blurred vision, increased ocular tension and loss of taste.
• Gastrointestinal: Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, difficulty in swallowing, heartburn constipation and bloated feeling.
• Genitourinary: Urinary hesitancy and retention and impotence.
• Miscellaneous: Suppressed lactation and decreased sweating.
Avoid excess dosage.
Store at 25°C. Store it in airtight container. Keep away from children.
Subscribe to our Free Newsletters!
Hand hygiene is a simple and affordable technique to prevent infections.
Erythropoietin is a hormone secreted by kidneys in response to low oxygen levels in tissues ...
Local anesthesia is a type of anesthesia generally used to block pain sensation only in a specific ...View All